It can be a daunting task to create your invite list. Collecting your guest addresses and knowing the proper way to list them on their invitation can be overwhelming at times. Below is a list of guidelines to help you navigate the process.
Unmarried Woman or Young Ladies
- Ms. Sally Smith (18 and older)
- Miss Sally Smith (under 18)
- Master can be used for boys under 18 or you can leave title off
- Mr. Steven Smith (18 and older)
- Mr. and Mrs. Steven Smith
- Mr. Steven Smith and Mrs. Sally Smith
- Sally and Steven Smith
- Mrs. Sally Smith (unless you know that she prefers something different, such as her maiden name or Ms.)
Both are Doctors
- The Doctors Smith
- Invitations should be mailed 6-8 weeks prior to your wedding or event, no sooner.
- Your RSVP Deadline should be 3-4 weeks before the event, no sooner.
- Never mention gifts or your registry on the event invitation, this is considered rude.
- You should not use any abbreviations, please spell out all words on invitations and envelopes (state names, street, drive, apartment, post office box, etc).
roll over to view the pieces of
An Invitation Suite
roll over to view the anatomy of
1 | Host Line
This is the line that typically denotes who is hosting, often we use "together with their families" when everyone is contributing.
2 | Request Line
The request line usually indicates the type of ceremony, "honour of your presence" indicates a ceremony held in a house of worship and "the pleasure of your company" indicates the ceremony is taking place at a non-religious location.